Thursday, December 9, 2010

Govinda's Natural Foods

   Govinda's Natural Foods has been serving vegetarian meals in Tucson since 1992!  The food Govinda's offers is wholesome, healthy, organic, and blessed.  The restaurant has a spotless appearance with touches of charming and unique thoughtfulness such as mood lighting, exotic decorations from foreign lands, spiritual literature, a boutique, an outside dining area with a water fountain, a bird aviary, and Koi pond.  All of these aesthetics add to the serene and peaceful atmosphere.
    Both lunch and dinner are served in an all you can eat Buffet style.  Many of the fresh vegetables served in the salad bar are not only organic but are also purchased from local growers.  The salad dressings are all homemade and offer a variety of healthy flavors and tastes.  The hot side of the buffet contains both brown and white rice, two yummy hot soups, fresh steamed vegetables, spiced just right cooked veggies, and an entree for dinner.  In addition, homemade bread and sweet deserts are baked fresh daily.  Also, there are always dairy and glutton free selections on the menu for those with in tolerances, and all day Thursday is vegan day!
     I eat at Govinda's everyday except for Monday when the restaurant is closed.  Stepping onto the property, instantaneously my mind relaxes.  Once I make my way into the restaurant area, the meditative music permeating the atmosphere calms my body, and the aromas from the fresh food arouses my senses.  I delicately fill my plate with my chosen selections of delicious food cooked with love and devotion and sit down at a table to eat quietly.  Literally, every bite taken equals pure bliss, as I smile and chew thoroughly so as to enjoy the savory tastes!  Dining at Govinda's Natural Foods brings my body, mind, and spirit peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment